Tuesday 22 April 2014

Air Force sergeant a Miss World contestant


Air Force sergeant Sarah Anderson has travelled the world with her career.
As a flight steward on the Royal New Zealand Air Force Boeing 757 and Hercules C-130 aircraft, the 26-year-old has been all over the globe, and says the air force was the perfect career choice for her. 

"I love the physicality, the flying and the people - it's just awesome," said Anderson, who now lives on Auckland's North Shore. 

But the self-proclaimed tomboy could soon have a new destination after being head-hunted through Facebook for the Miss World New Zealand 2014 pageant by former beauty queen Hannah Carson. 

"I'm entering as a bit of a rookie, but I'm really excited about it." 

Anderson, a former Marlborough Girls' College student, joined the air force in 2006, following in the footsteps of her father, Flight Sergeant Paul Anderson, who has been in the air force for 35 years. 

Her younger sister, Leading Aircraftman Julia Anderson also recently signed up.
"I wanted to do a big overseas trip so Dad said: ‘Why don't you join the air force as a flight steward and travel the world for free?' 

"My job has taken me all over the world including Malaysia, Japan, Russia, United Arab Emirates, Antarctica, and many more." 

Anderson hoped wisdom and life experiences gained in the military would carry her a long way in the Miss World New Zealand pageant. 

"I just hope I can represent the air force and my family well and keep true to our values."
To support Sarah, go to her Facebook page, Sarah Anderson Miss World New Zealand Contestant 2014 

Sumber : Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment